Hiring a painting contractor is not an easy task. There are plenty of painting contractors out there, but you need to find the one who can take care of all your painting requirements, whether it is for your house or for your office space.
In order to avoid a bad contracting experience and save you the time and money, here are some questions you need to ask the painting contractors you approach before finalizing one.
These questions are essential to ask, as it will give a sense of assurity that you are investing your time and money in the right place.
- How many years of experience do you have in this field?
Experience matters no matter what field you are in. For a paint job to be successful, the painting company and the painters need to be experienced. There is no margin for error when it comes to the paint job as one simple mistake can make your house or property look absurd.
- How many projects have you completed in the past? Do you have any references to show?
Ask the contractors to show their work so that you can be sure that the paint job is in the right hands. You can try to contact their previous customers and ask for their experience with the painting company.
- Are your painters and company insured?
This is the most critical question to ask a painting contractor. Companies like New Castle Painting BC boasts insured painters and contractors. Accidents can happen at any time during the job. Hiring an insured painting contractor with insured painters will be beneficial, as it will protect you in the events of any accidents or mishaps.
- How will you prepare my property for the paint job?
This question requires a detailed answer and make sure that the contractor is providing every bit of information. This will also make sure that the contractor is experienced. Have everything in writing. The surface needs to be scraped off from the old paint and wallpapers before the paint job, the cracks and holes need to be filled for perfection, and more. Preparation of the walls is the most crucial aspect of any paint job, and the quality of the work relies entirely on it.
- As your crew will co-exist with me and my family for a couple of days, do I need to be concerned about that?
This is to make sure that your loved ones, your valuables, and belongings are safe. You may have heard stories about the homeowners getting robbed by the workers who came to paint the house. This type of incident or even worse things can happen, so you need to address this issue with the painting contractor.
What do I need to know when hiring a painter?
- Before you hire a painting contractor in Vancouver, look for what kind of estimate you can expect. This particularly important when your property is large, and you are on a budget. You need to make sure that the quality of the paint job is not compromised while having everything done under your budget.
- Make sure that the painting company recommends quality paint products
- The painting contractor should provide a warranty for the paint job he has done. This will protect you from additional costing in case if the paint is damaged
- You need to hire painters who practice safe and effective ways of painting. Make sure that they use proper tools and effective safety measures
So, now you are all set with the questions and after having the answers to these, I am sure you will have the best painting contractor hired for your house.