Painting your house is a cumbersome task, and it becomes even more daunting when you decide to do it yourself. DIY paint jobs are not encouraged because the margin for error is always high. You may not get the look you have always wanted for your house. So this is the biggest “don’t” you need to consider when painting the house’s interior. Always call a professional house painter like New Castle Painting BC as they will know where to start and how to complete the work with perfection.
Here are some do’s and don’ts you need to consider when painting the interior of your home.
How to prep for interior painting?
- Assess your walls; make sure that you review each and every wall in your house. Look out for any cracks and peelings. This is important because you need to buy materials according to your requirements. Buying in bulk will be a waste. You can always buy more when needed. Assessing the walls has other benefits as well. It will help the painter to prepare early, as he will know where to start.
- Take time to select the colors and designs. Consult it with your house painter. Avoid rushing as it can lead to a lousy paint job no matter how experienced the painters are. You need to select the colors according to the interior décor of your rooms. You can choose different colors for different rooms or the same colors for the entire house.
- Make sure that all the wall hangings like the paintings, posters, wallpapers, etc. are removed from the walls. Also, make sure that you clear out the shelves as well.
- Ask the painting contractor to make a list of things required for the paint job. You can purchase the materials yourself from the store or ask the contractor if he provides the materials as well.
- Make sure that the decisions you have made go well with your family members. Ask your family members about their preferred choices.
- Do not rush. Interior painting is the job that requires patience. Full house interior painting is not a one-day job, and the painters will co-exist with you and your family for a couple of days or even more, so you need to make sure that everything falls perfectly.
- Do not let the painter directly paint the walls before scraping off the old paint and sanding the surface.
- Do not keep the doors and windows closed when painting as it will block the air circulation in the rooms.
- Do not paint when the climate is overcast, or there is a possibility of heavy downpour. It will take the paint a lot longer to dry.
- Do not dispose the remaining paint carelessly. You can store the paint in proper containers to be used in the future, or you can recycle the paint at local recycling facilities.
How to hire an interior house painter in Burnaby BC ?
- Make sure that the painting company you choose is experienced
- If the Burnaby painting company also provides the painting material, ask whether it will be included in the estimate
- Make sure that the painting company and all its painters are insured
- Ask about the estimated time to complete the paint job
- Ask whether you will be required to vacate the house
Stick to these points and you are all set to get your house painted in the best manner.